Windows 8.1 does apparently contain some significant improvements with
regard to font/scaling - one of which is that you can switch it off for
individual applications - so you can have a choice between readable but
screwed up;  and not screwed up but very small.

Lisa's experience would seem to indicate that the very high res option on a
laptop seems to be Ok.

But you are right - it is wise to be cautious.   However,  as I only get a
new laptop once every 3-4 years, I want the current one to be as good as it
can be.

Richard

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/a7dc4075-d7ec-4c84-8606-b6ed1cee8f6b%40googlegroups.com.