Hi Daniel,

You are correct that the machine must have both programs on it.

I access the MLO-OneNote set up from several PCs on my network by having
the OneNote files in one location (a pc serving the OneNote files). OneNote
is pointed to that PC so any other PC can also fetch from that PC.

As a note, you can share a directory higher that the OneNote directory,
then map the shared directory to a drive letter like M. You don't have to,
but this can come in handy sometimes when working from several PCs at the
same time like I do.

For MLO, I use Cloud sync.

On the phone...
The OneNote link has http code so perhaps if you are using the web based
OneNote the link might work. I have the OneNote 2010 app and that doesn't
activate when clicking the link. Perhaps the newer versions of OneNote
might work or Office 365 (which I don't have, so I can't try it).

Let us know what you find out.

- Al

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/be6fc797-76ba-49d6-89c1-771252de56bb%40googlegroups.com.