I can't address much, but here are a couple of points.

Your second #3 (Pricing) - not everyone uses the cloud, so it would not
help the developers if people (like myself) got to use the product for
free.  Personally, I love the tool (I don't have any issue with the
interface) and don't mind paying for a good product.  I've used it for
years and advocate it for everyone I work with.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/6a3e2fc4-8c08-49a1-995a-db03369c9da9%40googlegroups.com.