A interesting observation:

On 1st of December I downloaded the MLO 2 trial. It was (I remember) the
release 2.0.2.
On the 3rd of December I suscribed the Cloud Service for the firs time.
I then suddenly (3rd of December) archived a copy of the desktop file of MLO. I
archived it just after the first Cloud sync. I supposed that it could be useful
in the future.

Today I checked my archived copy.
I discovered that the long Captions were not trimmed! This is clearly visible
because I had some long items on the MLO 1 that were imported on the MLO 2 at
1st of December, and then, on 3rd of December, on Desktop MLO without any trim.
Thanks to this backup, I preserved a copy of the long texts, so today I suppose
to have some losts only on the new Tasks made on December - very few with long
texts, perhaps no one.

But now the same items not trimmed on December the 3rd, on the current MLO file
have the Captions trimmed to 255 characters on the current archive. now I am
running the 2.0.12.

Very interesting. This could mean that some changes happened in the meanwhile.

I also made another test: one moment ago I inserted a long item on MLO Desktop
and synced it, no matter of MLO 2. Trimmed.
This means that the trim occurs as soon as I sync the data, no matter of MLO
Desktop or Android.

So I suppose that some change on Cloud service has happened.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/7d7c1ac5-144b-4c9f-b547-a9df4cc49844%40googlegroups.com.