Hi

If I insert a link using the 'absolute path' (see image) then it fails. It
fails because the path has "C:\user\mlo\" added to the front of it.
So, my path is, say:

c:\data\file.txt

and the link created by browsing to the file using "Insert link to a file
..." context menu and choosing absolute path is:
c:\user\mlo\c:\data\file.txt

I know this because this is the path in the error message when I try to
open. The specified file file:c:\user\mlo\c:\data\file.txt was not found.

If I use relative links it works as expected. However, I don't want to use
relative links because this can change with each new installation of mlo.
My data is always in the same place.

I'd also like to be able to type "file:" and then paste my path (since
windows 10 now has convenient copy path command - although it annoyingly
includes quotation marks around the path/filename).

I'd like to know why my absolute links are not working and then, if there's
a way to default to always use absolute links. I know the dialogue box
(attached) has the option to not ask again but I'm not confident about what
the default setting would be and then how would I change it if it was
wrong? This is in MLO Desktop (Windows)

Any advice welcome

thank you

Steve