Hello people!

First of all, thank you for all of your dedication and hard work in putting
this program together.  I'm always amazed at how such a big powerful
program can be condensed into such a small size.  Overall, I really
appreciate the feel of the program, and the integrity of the programming
house.

I use MLO for more than just organizing tasks.  I also take notes,
composition, and organize documents within it.  As such, I make extensive
use of the Notes field.

I also use 'tasks' to hold daily reminders and prayers.  I place reminders
on these so that I can review the text in the Notes field.

Anyway: I've been looking forward to v2.  But I've also been concerned that
there would be important things lost.  I'm personally not a big fan of
'material design', partly for aesthetic reasons, but more importantly
because I see a number of poor design choices (poor functionality) made at
the behest of this google imposition.

I only made the leap to v2 today.  I am just getting the feel for it.  I
will give it a chance.

But one thing brought my "monkey mind" to a moment of outrage, and I just
had to write this post.

I get a notifications from a Reminder.  I click on it and a pop-up window
opens.  In v1, I could easily scroll through the entire Notes field of the
task, see the extent of it, and read and review the text.  If there was a
long Note, then I could see the size of it and view most of it at once.  It
was functional.

In v2, the pop-up reminder window is of fixed size.  And there is a tiny
little 2-line space for me to kind of see the Notes.  This is crazy!  Why?

I'm really caught between two feelings.  I don't want to be a jerk who just
slags off on people after they've done hard work.  I do really appreciate
the work and consideration that goes into MLO.  However, I am kind of
astounded, and I want to communicate that.  I feel that functionality has
been lost for the sake of form.

Cheers,

Nathan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/877afd09-dbf2-4cbb-9830-e41a2bd9a11c%40googlegroups.com.