Hi Tammy,

When an item inherits the date of the item above, it sets the start and due
dates to the same as the parent item.  As other discussions have shown,
this can be helpful or irritating - it depends on what you are trying to
achieve.  I personally appreciate the inheritance, as it helps me notice
the date range and not set a start earlier than the parent or a due after
the parent (unless that's what I really want to do).

Does that help?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/10ce989f-4ecd-4e69-bfb8-cf9da8081aa8%40googlegroups.com.