OK - as you were - I think I've cracked it !

So I've abandoned "sub rules" (I always get confused by them) and have
added an additional rule which defaulted in as an "AND". I then edited the
first rule to end with "OR" instead of "AND".

My second rule now says:
"CreatedDateTime after now-0.0002"

Which seems to buy me a crucial minute or so which is enough for me. What's
slightly unnerving is that "now" is only re-valuated when you edit
something!

Nice one - many thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/b8d417a3-8d9a-4e48-862d-668c06dc73af%40googlegroups.com.