I use MLO and have done so for many years (and don't know what I would do
without it).     I am planning to move to a new laptop with a high DPI
screen and I am concerned about your comments.   What version of Windows
are you on.    Have you tried playing with the scaling options?       This
appears to be a complex area which I am a long way from fully understanding
(for example,  this does not make a lot of sense to
me:
http://www.winbeta.org/news/heres-microsoft-plans-scaling-windows-10-redstone-update)

But bottom line:   I agree that it is critical that MLO 'plays nicely' with
high res displays

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/56ffad4d-6b07-44bb-8301-71595dfb3be0%40googlegroups.com.