Hi Dwight

So to get clear "AS=" stands for "Action Status=", with possible values of.
   A - Active
   W - Waiting
   S - Someday
   L - Later

> E. I believe that when you say "tag" you are talking about the
> field known to MLO as "context", is that correct?
Yes. Great minds...  :)

Re F. - use of Flags, and inheritance, I agree that there exceptions and
that sometimes when creating a new action within a project you MAY want a
different Action Status, but I see that as being very rare. In those cases
it is important that there should be a way of doing this correction.

On the face of it Flags would seem to be the best workaround... but in
practice I found it EXTREMELY irritating to have to keep setting flags for
every single new item. I agree your cleanup would work in principle, but I
don't quite have the patience as I would want things to be ready to go/in
the correct place almost immediately I enter them.

I can see that adding new User Defined Fields would be take a certain
amount of work for MLO developers.

So I am now wondering if we could request a new setting in MLO's Options to
make Flags inherit from either the parent task (or the currently selected
task)?

Interestingly enough, the application ToDoList gives you a tick list
showing the *full list of task fields* so that the user can choose which
fields do and which do not inherit their values from the parent task.

Maybe we could suggest that instead / as well??
Any takers? (or should I start another thread for this?)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CA%2BrSdyqthqx8usa8d9A8xNmccZCciWW%2BdkKHLnna3%3D%2BDQy94vg%40mail.gmail.com.