1. I have a special view called "daily to-do list" which includes all active tasks that are starred, active tasks with a completion goal whose time since last modification exceeds the goal, active tasks with importance=200, calls with importance over 100 but only during the hours when the calls context is open, tasks with a "waiting" context whose start date, if any, has arrived or passed, and lots of other dwight-specific conditions. It's kind on an active actions list with everything that I can predict I won't want to do today removed. It's rare that a month passes without one or two tweaks to the daily to-do list filter.

2. The way that I am using goals it would have very limited use for a project. Completion Goals are only functional for a task that is active. The project parent for an active project is almost always not considered an active task because it has uncompleted children. At most, if some project has a next action that has made it to my daily to-do list that I do not want to allocate time to right now, I might give it a weekly completion goal and remove whatever's pushing it into the Daily list. Somehow I doubt that this has anything to do with your question. I suspect that you are asking how I would assign a project like "Learn to speak Twi" to a goal like "Stay well-read and knowledgable". The short answer is that for me, tracking stuff like "Stay well read" costs more time than it saves so I don't do it. It's good to have goals like that, just not a good use of time to track them.

3. I'm not sure what an "actual context" is. To me, all of my contexts are actual, whether they represent a time, a place, a person, a needed tool, actionability or a mood. Most of my Someday tasks are in a hidden Someday folder that's flagged for quarterly review. Sometimes if I don't have time to move a task right now I will leave it in place and assign a Someday context to keep it off the to-do list until I get around to moving it. Some someday tasks cannot be moved because they are in a project, perhaps with other tasks dependent on them. These retain the someday context. (The Build a Shed project has a Someday task to go file for a certificate of occupancy. The project's not really done till I take care of it, but I am not in any rush and if I never get to it then when my heirs sell my house their real estate agent will take care of it.) Waiting is a context, most often used if I have something that cannot be done until a future date but then should be done as soon as possible, like checking if a package I sent was delivered.Tasks like this generally do not have any other "actual" context. If some larger or more complex undertaking includes a waiting component it will often have a task for the waiting and other tasks with other contexts for what's to happen when the waiting's over. A quick way to set that up is to create a subtask for the wait. Suppose that I have a task with Yardwork context (Yardwork has open and close times set to approx current sunrise and sunset) to trim a bush and it is hanging around on my to-do list but I can't trim it because it's still blooming. So I would have a task to trim the bush with Yardwork context, and a subtask, check if the bush is done blooming with Waiting context repeating every week on Sundays and Tuesdays. When I see the "bush done" task on my list and its still blooming, check complete (i.e. yes, I checked). If the bush id finished blooming, delete the task (ie, don't need to check that any more) and the "trim bush" task immediately pops onto the to-do list.

-Dwight