I created a context called "!Cancelled", add that context, then click the
checkbox to mark it as done.  Then if I'm reviewing my older stuff (i.e.
closed items), I can tell it wasn't done versus was done.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/ebd89129-fc57-4dba-86e4-67f2b760e1e1%40googlegroups.com.