I used to think of the due date more like that, until I read the
"Getting Things Done" book. I realized I've been clogging up my calendar
with too many things that don't have to be done that day, or I was no
longer taking the due date seriously because too many of them just went
past and I often decided to keep extending the due dates.

Notice that we have two dates in MLO with specific purpose. Start date
says you don't need to worry about the task until then. This is great
for telling when to mow the lawn for example. All my tasks like mowing
will have a recurring start date. Then there's the due date. Well if I
have a bill due that's a real due date. I could still mow the lawn
tomorrow but if my bill is due there is a solid penalty like paying late
fees. I don't need to be confused by using the wrong kind of date for
the wrong purpose.

On 9/26/2018 00:45, Stéph wrote:
> I actually disagree. IMHO every task has a date after which it should
> either have been done or it should be abandoned, even if that date is
> several years in the future.  For example, even something as vague as
> "consider enrolling my daughter in a new sports club" will expire once
> my daughter finishes school and leaves home. For that reason I have no
> problem with having to set a due date.
>
> (It is a shame that I can't get due dates automated so they default to
> the parent's end date, though. I'd like to be able to save on the
> extra clicks needed every time I enter a new task).
>
> Just thought I'd put that alternative view point out there.
>
> Stéphane
>

> On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 04:10:19 UTC+1, imajeff wrote:
>
>     I really agree with this. I never add due date unless I seriously
>     made that commitment!
>
>     On Tue, Sep 4, 2018, 15:30 Troy Lundblad <talu...@gmail.com
>     <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>         This is a real killer for me and keeping me from leaving
>         omnifocus.  Due dates should be used sparingly, but this
>         encourages an overuse of due dates.
>         Hopefully this functionality can be added. Really the only
>         thing missing.  That and the calculation of importance should
>         really stop over-valuing tasks with out a due date relative to
>         those that have a due date.  Due date/start date should both
>         be valued.
>
>         On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 3:59:17 PM UTC-4, dsfloriano wrote:
>
>             I would like to know wether it is possible too create a
>             recurring task with only start date (no due date). Thanks.
>
>         --
>         Visit this group at
>         https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized
>         <https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized>.
>         To view this discussion on the web visit
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/864edf13-5048-4810-83eb-7b864236ca0e%40googlegroups.com
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/864edf13-5048-4810-83eb-7b864236ca0e%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/1c78e0f5-203a-47a2-9f71-0d16cd4e2508%40googlegroups.com