Hi
I had the same issue using the default starred view.
What I did: I hide the starred recurring tasks which have a start date in the
future using autoformatting rulles.
By hiding I mean: I change the task color to white. So it is still in the view
but it is not disturbing me.
The advantage of this method is that you can use it without changing the view.
Br

PS sometimes instead of coloring into white I color them in light grey and make
them italic.  This they a slightly visible but also not disturbing.
Andrew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/92031812-b12f-4570-bce0-91a5d81f14f3%40googlegroups.com.