Android and Windows versions are definitely a different code base. I'm not certain, but I would not be surprised if this was an intentional choice for marketing reasons.

For some features, the functionality is essentially the same across both code bases.

There are some differences based on the platforms, including collation sequences (words starting with diverse special characters may sort differently, also more layers of sort on Windows.

Where there is a significant difference in functionality, the Windows version is almost always higher functionality. The only area I can think of with higher function on the mobile side, is the rules editor for advanced filter rules, which is more recently designed and much easier to use in the mobile version.

-Dwight