The problem I have is many tasks continue to sit in the active actions
section for a long period of time.  The tasks that stay around are tasks
where I’m waiting for someone on an ongoing project (not a full handoff,
typically something less ‘email’ orienated and more ‘whatsapp’ back and
forth communication or I already ‘followed up’ in the last day, or the task
I want to postpone due to tact (I don’t want to be pushy), or its something
I want a staff to do, but I don’t want to overload them by dumping my
entire to do list onto them at one time.  All of the above are good reasons
to delay a task, however they could also be described as procrastination.
Being bullheaded and less concerned about tact would possibly be more
productive.

Is there some methodical GTD mindset where if its on the next action, you
don’t procrastinate, you just do it?  Ive read that in the GTD overviews,
is that really feasible?  Or should I be using the next review option
more.  Are my active actions not really active?  *I imagine many of you
have tasks siting in your list that sit there forever. *Whats the GTD
mindset that will help make progress.

I’m bothered because I finish lots of tasks and feel good, but some tasks
sit in my action lists forever, and it’s a time drag/mental downer that
these tasks never go away.

I’m looking for feedback concerning the use of MLO, or possibly outside the
box/gtd/task management feedback.