I have multiple folders with tasks, subtasks, etc. I would like to view all
my tasks in hierarchal format and be able to add tasks and subtasks under
the various folders and have them automatically sort by due date when I add
them. From what I can tell based on other conversations here, it appears
this is not possible? I'm aware of the group and sort options as well under
the view filter, but I guess that only works for tasks below the parent
folder. So the only way to do it as I understand is to select the folders
and go to advanced/sort subtasks and sort by date there. However, this
would have to manually be done each time tasks are added. I have read the
reasoning as to why MLO does this, but what if I am not using any other
importance/urgency fields, dependencies, etc. and I simply want my tasks
automatically sorted by date while viewing them in their appropriate
folders? Isn't there any way to view this or create a view for this? I
can't seem to find a way to do it, and intuitively it would seem that this
is a very basic feature that every task manager should possess.

MLO seems flexible and powerful, but I've found that accomplishing simple
basics seems overly complex and non-intuitive. For instance, it took me
forever to figure out why tasks that were scheduled later the same day or
on a recurrence would not show up as active tasks. I like to see everything
that is coming up, so I don't really use any of the "active" views since
that doesn't seem to show half the items on the task list because they are
considered inactive. Why would a recurring task that is coming up later in
the day be considered inactive until it's ready to start as compared to a
non-recurring task?

Anyways, a little frustrated with the app and feel like it's missing a lot
of useful basic features that I see in other task management apps so not
sure if it's for me but giving it a shot for now...

Thanks for any pointers.