The codes described by Mario are very useful, but they do not have any intelligence. All they do is display the character for ticked-off checkbox or the character for the unchecked (empty) checkbox. There's no popping up, graying out, etc.

If I needed the checklist functionality Sam described, and it had to be implemented in MLO, I would use a list of subtasks. If MLO were to implement the functionality described by Mario, I would be a user.

-Dwight