Just a note on the issue of whether sync means longer delays.

If you are synching between a phone and a computer and both of them are
available whenever you use MLO, waiting for cloud sync to kick in could cause
minor delays. If your devices are in different locations or accessible on
different schedules, cloud synch SAVES time.

Example, you have MLO on phone and home computer. You make a change on your
phone while at work. Using WIFI sync, you wait till you get home, verify that
the two devices can connect, then run a sync. Using cloud, both devices synch
in the background and when you get home, your home computer is already updated.
-Dwight