Steve could you enlighten me on what is less managable? I simply put
unrelated tasks in separate folders. The only reason I have two actual
files is because one is for my employer and the other is personal, on my
devices at home.

If I was working with a file for each client say in my contract work and it
was necessary to keep each database separate, then mybe it would be worth
charging enough to pay a separate license for each client.
Then again, Andre did say you could arrange to have more than 10 for some
special case, so I'm happy to see that's possible.