fractals wrote:

> I have to deploy a java GUI to a remote MySQL server. The GUI part is OK,
> but now I have some concerns about security issues, like: how could the
> conduit between the GUI and the database be secured (possibly encrypted) ? I
> think one solution would be to use SSL, but that implies SSL support on the
> part of the mysql server.
>
> Does anyone know if there's *any* encryption support built into mysqld or if
> that is at all possible ?

There are troubles with SSL patches I made and this is not clear when
they can be applied. Meanwhile you can use third party SSL tunneling
software or look on CIPE. You will find it with www.google.com easily. I
am using CIPE for long time already to build secure tunnels between
hosts.

--
MySQL Development Team