I _need_ help with this connections-to-mysql issue. Until I changed a few stuff in the
MySQL setup, I kept getting the "Too many connections" message when connecting. After
increasing both max_connections and table_cache, I get the error:

Warning: Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory,
you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in db.php on line 15

Like... It's bissare! Something must be wrong with the threads on my system or
something. I'm running RedHat 7.0 on a machine with 512 MB RAM and 1 ghz CPU, the
memory is heaps free and the # of connections bareley passes a 100. Am running PHP
4.0.4 with persistant connections btw. Also I'm running glibc-2.1.92. Here's a few
lines from mysqladmin:

---variables---
key_buffer_size        67104768
max_connections     300
sort_buffer                1048568
table_cache              512
thread_stack             65536
thread_cache_size   8
version                       3.23.27-beta-log
wait_timeout             120

---extended-status---
Aborted_clients           1253
Bytes_received           12926501
Bytes_sent                   439847544
Connections                3082
Key_read_requests    24690507
Key_reads                    4379
Key_write_requests    1580553
Key_writes                   17031
Max_used_connections   112
Open_tables                 72
Open_files                    91
Open_streams             1
Opened_tables            109
Questions                     112882
Slow_launch_threads  1
Slow_queries                3
Threads_cached          7
Threads_connected     39
Threads_running          5
Uptime                          9733

---version---
Uptime: 2 hours 45 min 55 sec
Queries per second avg: 11.665

I can post much much more if you want but I think this might be enough now.

Does someone have any idea of what could be wrong? I really really need help with this!

(And yes, I have read the manual. Many times. Nothing there seem to help me tough...)

---
Johan Björk