Hello,

I have switched this morning our Web server from mSQL to MySQL.
I am using MySQL 3.22.32 installed from MySQL-3.22.32-1.i386.rpm
on a Linux server (RedHat 6.2).

mysqld dies very ofen (uptime is between 2mn and 20mn) and
the only messages I have in error file look like :

Number of processes running now: 1
mysqld process hanging, pid 10827 - killed
mysqld restarted on  jeu jan 11 17:35:58 CET 2001
/usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections

Number of processes running now: 1
mysqld process hanging, pid 7973 - killed
mysqld restarted on  jeu jan 11 17:38:25 CET 2001
/usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections

I have shut down mysqld several times and run isamchk.
Each time, I had to repair at least one table.

Is it possible to run isamchk while mysqld is running ?

In this case, is it enough to remove --skip-locking option
(set in safe_mysqld) or should I also add --enable-locking ?

Does anybody have any suggestion on where I could look
in order to find what is causing these corruptions ?

Thanks for your help
--
Joseph Bueno
NetClub/Trader.com