We have replicated this crash over and over just now... Very strange.
Yet with the 2.23.30 version, we dont lose the data and dont seem to get
corruption.

Here is exactly what happened... (This also crashed it in the first
place, which lost all our data in the 2.23.28 version)

We have a table called user

For testing we went to do this insert into the db... which, by the way,
was trying to insert into the 17th row in an auto incremented id... This
is a Berkely DB file.

ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
mysql> insert into user
(user_id,user_name,first_name,last_name,display_name,email,notes,password)
values (NULL,'testuser','Jason','mCwIl','jason
','[EMAIL PROTECTED]','none','tester');
ERROR 2006: MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id:    1

You could sit and do this over and over and over.  But, the connection
would come right back and no data was lost.

So, I actually tried a different query next:

insert into user values (NULL,'tester','jason','jason','jason
mcwilliams','tridog','','[EMAIL PROTECTED]','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','');

or somthing simlar which produced:
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.02 sec)

So, I thought it might be the format of the insert... so then I try the
first insert again:
insert into user
(user_id,user_name,first_name,last_name,display_name,email,notes,password)
values (NULL,'testuser','Jason','mCwIl','jason
','[EMAIL PROTECTED]','none','tester');
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.02 sec)

I havn't had another error since?  It was like it could not insert that
style of insert into that particular row, once it got passed that... it
is fine.  I would think we could reproduce this by dropping the database
recreating it, and redoing the create statements (just like we had to do
to recover)...

If anyone from mysql is interested in trying to reproduce this, let me
know.

--
Jason McWilliams
Tridog Interactive, Inc.