Marco Bizzarri wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> We're using mysql 3.22, on a Red Hat Linux 6.2 system. We're also
> accessing the data through MyODBC, from Windows. The mysqld is started
> with the skip-locking feature activated
>
> The problem is that we are experiencing index corruption when we access
> both with the clients and with myODBC. We've been suggested to remove
> the skip-locking feature but, according to the description of the
> feature itself, it should not be involved in this problem.
>
> Can someone provide an exact description of the skip-locking feature?

Check the manual:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/o/Command-line_options.html

Actually this means that MySQL itself knows what he does but to save
time he doesn't notify OS about need to lock some areas in files. This
doesn't make any problems until you do not run myisamchk or anohter
mysqld server on same databases simultaneously.

--
MySQL Development Team