Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I intend to develop an J2EE-Application using JRun as Applicationserver with
MySql as database.

Since MySql supports no transaction management, there is a problem to
deploy Entity Enterprise Java Beans, because the applicationserver
needs to set a transaction isolation level. Therefor it uses the
Java-method
  setTransactionIsolationLevel(int level) of class
  org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection (part of the mySql driver)

But it returns a java.sql.SQLException with the message:
  Transaction Isolation Levels are not supported.

This exception occurs when JRun tries to call a bean's transaction method
like 'findByPrimaryKey'. In the event-log-file i can see the sql-statement
that the application server tries to send to MySql. But then the exception
is thrown.

I have installed MySQL 3.23 on a Solaris machine. I also heard of the
add-on module Berkeley DB, that should make possible to use transactions
with MySql. So I installed  Berkeley DB Version 3.1.17 and tried to deploy
and run my J2EE Enterprise Bean - without success.

Nevertheless, is it possible to get work my Enterprise Java Entitybean
with MySql?

Thanks for any help.

For further information a part of the exception thrown:

System exception/error caught by container; nested exception is:
          java.sql.SQLException: Transaction Isolation Levels are not
supported.
  java.rmi.RemoteException: System exception/error caught by container;
nested exception is:
          java.sql.SQLException: Transaction Isolation Levels are not
supported.
  java.sql.SQLException: Transaction Isolation Levels are not supported.
          at
org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.java)
          at
allaire.ejipt._ejb._DataSource._getConnection(_DataSource.java:268)
          at
allaire.ejipt._ejb._DataSource._getConnection(_DataSource.java:121)
          at
allaire.ejipt._ejb._PersistenceAgent._execute(_PersistenceAgent.java:120)
          at
allaire.ejipt._PersistenceManager._find(_PersistenceManager.java:124)
          at
allaire.ejipt._EntityHomeObject._invoke(_EntityHomeObject.java:234)
          at
allaire.ejipt._EntityHomeObject._find(_EntityHomeObject.java:268)
          at allaire.ejipt._CallableObject.call(_CallableObject.java:85)
          at allaire.ejipt._CallableStub._call(_CallableStub.java:173)
          at

net.interway.prj.viag.customer.CustomerHomeObject_Stub.findByPrimaryKey(Cust
omerHomeObject_Stub.java:230)

          at
jrun__customers2ejspe._jspService(jrun__customers2ejspe.java:66)
          at allaire.jrun.jsp.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:40)

          at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
          at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java:925)
          at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunNamedDispatcher.forward(JRunNamedDispatcher.java:34
)
          at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:175)
          at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
          at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java:925)
          at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.jav
a:88)
          at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1131)
          at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:330)
          at allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(ProxyEndpoint.java:367)
          at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:272)
          at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:75)

--
Raymond Schulz - Interway AG
Chief Developer