Kyle Cronan writes:
 > I have read through the archives and am still unclear on a few things:
 >
 >  o Does libmysqlclient_r only correct the timeout problem?  Or does it
 >    provide thread safe versions of calls like mysql_query()?  I do not
 >    need to use timeouts.
 >
 >  o I will definately be using different connections in each thread, as my
 >    threads do not need to share the results of queries.  (The daemon has
 >    to be threaded for entirely different reasons.)  Are the only
 >    limitations then on mysql_real_connect()?
 >
 >  o Why is it that I have to not only mutex lock my mysql_real_connect()
 >    calls but wait until they are all finished until I can proceed with any
 >    queries?
 >
 >  o I am also still wondering whether the system I described in my original
 >    email (below) is the best implementation.
 >
 > I have not had any luck getting anyone to respond to these questions.
 > If I make any money off of the software I'm developing I would certainly
 > like to support mysql's development not only to perpetuate a great project
 > but to receive help with these types of questions (I assure you they are
 > not sent without much prior work to attempt to answer them myself).  In
 > the mean time I would greatly appreciate any help.
 >
 > Thank you,
 > Kyle Cronan
 > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi!

I will answer questions one by one.

1) thread safe client library only has mutexes around thread sensitive
code. They have nothing to do with timeouts. Timeouts can be resolved
with corresponding startup variables

2) If you use separate MYSQL structures for each thread, then you have
no limitations what so ever.

3) If you use separate structures / pointers, you do not have to put
mutex locks

4) I still think it is better to use local static MySQL++ objects then
global, but this is impolementation specific.

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team