I tried mailing this "funky gao" person directly, but it turns out that
our viral-spreading friend didn't bother to include a real return
address. I'm forwarding this to the group to shame him into fixing his
mailer and his computer...

funky gao wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am building a Java based application and want to use MySQL as my
> database. I would be using JDBC to access the MySQL database. My
> target
> platform is Solaris 2.7.
>
> I downloaded and installed MySQL version 3.22.32 which is the stable
> version available. Alas... this versoin does not support transactions
> and commit/rollback. Also this version does not foreign keys and
> referential integrity. I dont want to use workarounds like table
> locking
> and unlocking to achieve transactions.

Foreign keys and referential integrity is not supported in any current
release, save for window dressing.

> It seems that the support for transactions and commit/rollback is
> available in releases 3.23.15 and higher. Does this release support
> for
> foreign keys and referential integrity as well? Also 3.23 is a beta
> release. How stable is 3.23 beta and when can we expect the stable
> version for 3.23?

The current 3.23 release is no longer beta, but gamma. We have been
using it for a good while and think it as stable as previous "stable"
releases.

--
          http://www.pricegrabber.com | Dog is my co-pilot.