In MySQL 3.23.28  I have tried using both the binlog-do-db directive and the
binlog-ignore-db directive in the my.cnf file of the master server to stop all
replication from a logging database.  When I use mysqlimport to load a file
into this logging database, entries are made in the master log-bin replication
file.  Is this because mysqlimport uses "cross-database" inserts?  (Which are
mentioned in the replication part of the manual.)

How do I get MySQL replication to ignore an entire database including
mysqlimports into that database?

Version information:
Ver 11.6 Distrib 3.23.28-gamma, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

Richard