I wrote to the list earlier on the above problem.  I had a VB app that accessed a
mysql (on Linux) table through MyODBC.  Apparently the problem is that the new ODBC
connection providers in Windows ME / 2000 do not like the BIGINT datatype.  Yet,
strangely, MS Access 97 can import the data from said table just fine (in Windows ME
and 2000).  And the VB app worked just fine on Windows 98.  Can someone offer insight
into this problem?  What could be going on here?  Also, if possible, does someone know
the SQL syntax for changing the datatype of an existing column from BIGINT to INT.
Thank you very much,
Laszlo Szijarto