My replication crashed just once again...

my my.cnf on the slave contains:

master-host     = 123.123.123.123
master-user     = rep
master-password = hidden

replicate-do-db = db1
server-id       = 6
replicate-ignore-table=db1.specials

I created a new DB on the master called "specials".

created 100 tables on the specials called data00, data01, data02 etc.

I then did a
replace into specials.data10 select * from db1.specials where mynumber LIKE
'10%';
on the master which works fine, but the slave crashed and I found *nothing*
in mysql.err, it was empty, even after I tried "SLAVE START" several times. I
then restartes thge mysql-server on the slave and did "SLAVE START" again and
then found in mysql.err:

ERROR: 1146  Table 'specials.data10' doesn't exist
010120 16:19:20  Slave:  error running query 'replace into
specials.data10 select * from db1.specials where mynumber LIKE '10%''
010120 16:19:20  Error running query, slave aborted. Fix the problem, and
re-start the slave thread with mysqladmin start-slave

Of course, the the database specials and the table don't exist. they are not
in the replication.

I now did a mysqldump -d specials >file
and created the database and tables on the slave to get the slave running
again, but that's not how the problem should be solved.

Is this a bug? mysql 3.23.28-gamma

Thanks

Jan