I'm not sure what you mean by "structural changes".

If the the two table have the same number of columns and they are in the same order,
you can do something like what I have explained below.  It you included the table info
from prod and test I could help you better (DESC prod;).

# Create the empty shell of test (all column definitions);

CREATE TABLE prod_new
SELECT * FROM test
WHERE 1=2;

# populate prod_new with prod data
INSERT INTO TABLE prod_new
SELECT * FROM prod;

- Verify the prod_new is correct
- DROP prod
- RENAME prod_new to prod.

        - Scott

> Pardon the newbie question but is there a tool available for MySQL that I
> can give it 2 databases and it give me the ALTER TABLE statements necessary
> to make 2 identical to 1?
>
> Specifically, I have a test and prod database.  I've made structural changes
> to test and want to propagate them to prod.  Is there an easy way to do
> this?
>
> TIA,
> Cal
>
> Cal