Mike,
        I'm assuming that you are trying to output this to a webpage.

        I think your problem is that, HTML does not use line breaks in the
document. You can try this out by making a simple webpage like this:

        When you view this in your internet browser, you will see:

A B C D

        To insert a line break in HTML, you use a "<br>" tag. In order to have the
line breaks appear properly in your final document you must insert a "<br>"
every place the line breaks should appear, and a "</p><p>" at every
paragraph break.

        In PHP I I have my own funtion to do this, but it would not be that hard to
make one for Perl or ASP, if that is what you are using. It's just a simple
search and replace.

function format_text($text){
        // Change any "<", and ">" their equivalent HTML entities
        $text = htmlspecialchars($text);
        // Strip out carriage returns
        $text = ereg_replace("\r","",$text);
        // Handle paragraphs
        $text = ereg_replace("\n\n","</p><p>",$text);
        // Handle line breaks
        $text = ereg_replace("\n","<br>",$text);
return $text;
}

Hope this helps,

Daniel Von Fange