From: Lars Andersson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 24 January 2001 09:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: changing mysqld variables?

I´ve got a problem. If I try to change max_connections in /etc/my.cnf the
server refuses to start? Isnt I supposed to put startup variables to MySQL
in this file?

A file looking like this works
[mysqld]
#max_connections=200
log
log-bin
log-slow-queries
server-id=1

but as soon as I remove the comment on max_connections it wont start. Not
even if I set it to a lower value than the default 100. This is on a linux
machine running the latest and greatest MySQL compiled from source.

/Lars

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential
and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not
disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error
you are asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately.
Your assistance is appreciated.