>One of our users is getting the message "another user has changed this
>database......etc save changes to clipboard or drop changes... etc",
>when he tries to update certain fields in the table.  The table has a
>timestamp and a primary key.  In fact, this user can change certain
>fileds without difficulty for certain types of data and not for others
>(i.e. Access accepts changes when the data is a document but not when
>its a collection).  To make things more confusing., other users can
>change all fields in the same table via Access without receiving the
>error message.  Any one else had and solved this problem?
>
>Susan Albright

Ma'am, this is an ODBC problem, not a MySQL problem. I assume that
the table is a linked table in Access. How is it accessed? Directly,
through a query, or through a form? Are there any joins? Does the
problem occur only through a query or form that joins the table with
another table? What do you mean by 'the data is a document' and 'its
a collection'? These aren't MySQL or Jet datatypes. What is the user
who's having problems doing that the other users aren't doing?

Things that people have done to solve this include dropping and
adding primary keys and timestamp fields, setting up relationships
between tables as much as possible (you can set up a relationship
between linked tables, but I don't think you can specify what the
relationship is), and selecting UniqueRecords in queries (DISTINCTROW
in SQL).

Bob Hall

Know thyself? Absurd direction!
Bubbles bear no introspection.     -Khushhal Khan Khatak