I've had some db corruption on a few occasions, and luckily I was running the
following in a nightly cron...it has since first install saved my butt on
many an occasion. http://www.ocsny.com/main/index.ocs?url=mysqlbackup It
doesn't do anything magickal just uses mysqldump and a basic routine to auto
discover the databases in your db and print them into straight sql...I have
another cron job that runns shortly after that tars the data to tape and then
they can be erased from disk...

cheers,
mikel