Good morning,

we want to create a bibliographical database with ca. 500.000 entries and a
very simple structure (3 tables) to publish it on the internet (with PHP
and Apache). A second aim is to make a CD for those, who cannot always be
online. It should be usable like the CD-ROMs you normally get with computer
journals: put it into your CD-drive and open it with your browser on any
operating system (at least Linux, Mac and Windows). Is there any tool to
produce such a CD from a MySQL database, so that the user can browse
through it and also search for specific items without installing any new
software on the system? Of course, MySQL is free and so we could put it on
the CD or ask the people to install it over the net, but I can imagine,
that many people would not like to do so.
Thanks for any suggestions

Bernd