(quicky coz this is way off topic):
ln -s /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd
ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S90httpd
ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S90httpd
ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd /etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K90httpd

That should do it. Should bring up your httpd whether you're running runlevel 3
(command
line) or runlevel 5 (X windows) on redhat whatever version. (I think). You can use the
same
scheme for starting mysqld too (excuse for posting to list)

*duck*