You didn't say which operating system you are using, but I take it is
a Unix type. I had a programmer install mysql on a Redhat Linux 6.2
system, but I ran into significant bugs while attempting to install
php. I wanted to get phpMyAdmin installed, because myODBC proved
seriously unreliable for updating mysql from Access. When I installed
Redhat 7.0, I was delighted to find php and mysql included, with php
autobooting with Apache. It then proved simple to install phpMyAdmin,
and it has been highly reliable as an input interface.

The descriptions on the download options should tell you which ones
you need:

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/index.html
http://www.php.net/downloads.php
http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/

On 25 Jan 2001, at 16:09, Khuon Tech wrote:

> Dear lists members,
>
> I gonna download MySQL and PHP to install on my machine.
> But the problem is that I don't know which tarballs are required to do
> from mysql.com and php.net. I mean I would like to manage databases
> using HTML interface (MySQL/PHP).
>
> Any points or links to the web sites are highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much indeed.
>
> TK Tech
> (Linux Newbee)

John Jensen