At 11:36 AM +0200 1/26/01, Mark Coetser wrote:
>Hi guys
>
>Havent worked much with mysql or any databses for that matter, I have
>created a small database on my unix box and I want to make a query to the
>database from another unix box without telneting in or ssh, I beleive that
>it runs on port 3306.............??? help

You need the mysql client on your computer (check the downloads
section at www.mysql.com; they probably have a client-only download).
Then you can just use the -h parameter:

        mysql -u username -h hostname -p databasename

Also, the permissions on the database need to be set up to allow
access from your computer; see the docs on setting up permissions and
the 'GRANT' command.

        - steve

--
+--- "They've got a cherry pie there, that'll kill ya" ------------------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |