Hardware-wise, probably not. It might depend on your configuration.
On my server, the only IDE connection is dedicated to the CD-ROM.
Everything else, except the floppy, is SCSI.

Maybe one of the gurus here has a way around it, but I think your
indexes are part of your data.

It sounds like your best bet is to get another SCSI, redistribute
your directories, and update your fstab to match. If you don't know
how to do that, you might be safer backing up everything important,
and reinstalling Linux, which will configure the new drive for you.
Do you have games and accessories that are expendable, which could
gain you some space?

On 26 Jan 2001, at 10:56, Andrey Kotrekhov wrote:

> Hi!
> I have so many data more than my SCSI HDD.
> But I can add large IDE HDD.
>
> I have an idea put index files on one HDD and data files to another.
> What do you think about this idea?
>
> What is more effictive, leave data to SCSI HDD or leave indexes on
> SCSI?

John Jensen
Jensen's Directories
www.college-without-classes.com/