Hello

I had the same problem compiling with cxx on Tru64 4.0F.
> Object file format error in: /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql: read_curr_obj_info:
> File is not a regular file

I searched the archives and found on uvic.mlist.alpha-osf-managers that the same
problem had been reported for MySQL 3.23.6 and Tru64 4.0E

Below is the solution that was posted then, and that worked for me. Hopefully it will
work on Tru64 5.x also.

Good luck
Magnus

>"Try editing ltconfig in the base source directory of Mysql, find the following...
>
>osf3* | osf4*)
># All OSF/1 code is PIC.
>wl='-Wl,'
>link_static_flag='-non_shared'
>;;
>
>And comment out the "wl" stuff, ending up in ... #wl='-Wl,' That should do it. Of
>course you'll have to re "./configure" it to work... :-)"

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/