I'm a newbie so this may be a simple one to answer.  If you can give me the specific
commands that I need to do that would be appricated.

Ok, I am running on A Cobalt RAQ 4 Server with  MySQL installiaton.  one of my sites
is running a MySQL database.  When he trys connecting to the database, he gets this
error on the site:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in inc-quickstats.php on line 6

I figured out that the MySQL socket is actually located at: /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.
 The guy is placing the standard MySQL connect in his coding. Do I have to do
something  on the server itself, or what code do we have to place on the script to
tell it manually to go to the correct socket directory.