I'm seeing this error when installing mysql-server-3.23.32 on FreeBSD4.2.

I understand the name resolution issue, however I don't believe this has
anything to do with the grant tables failing.  This is a binary install
from ftp.freebsd.org.  Should I consider "rolling my own" from a
tar-ball?  Would it make any difference?
Any help would be great, Thanks!