The manual section on BACKUP does not state what locking behavior the command
has.  Does it lock all the tables at once that you backup in one statement or
does it lock them one at a time?

I.e. if I run:

BACKUP foo.bar, foo.baz, foo.blah TO '/tmp/mysqlbackups/'

Will it lock all three tables and then dump them?  I need this kind of
behavior.  If it locks them one at a time and dumps them one at a time then
I'll have to use something else.

Additionally, can you RESTORE a backed-up table to a different database.
I.e. suppose I did the BACKUP line above, can I do this:

RESTORE foo_backup.bar, foo_backup.baz, foo_backup.blah FROM
'/tmp/mysqlbackups/'

???

Best,
Kyle

--
Kyle Hayes
Quicknet Technologies              t: +1 415 864 5225

"HEAR THE DIFFERENCE" with a live MICROTELCO demo at:
INTERNET TELEPHONY EXPO, Feb 7-9, Miami, FL

MicroTelco is a revolutionary service that brings multiple Internet
Telephony Service Providers (ITSPs) together in a convenient,
simple to use account center for greater reliability and flexibility.
For more information visit: http://www.microtelco.com.