I have followed the instructions at
http://www.symbolstone.org/cgi/dbi/moduledump?module=Msql-Mysql-modules
to install MySQL Perl DBI/DBD which are:
First of all you need to fetch the
                                 archives from any CPAN mirror, for
example

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/modules/by-module

                                 The following archives are required
(version numbers may have changed, I
                                 choose those which are current as of
this writing):

                                   DBI/DBI-1.13.tar.gz
                                   Data/Data-ShowTable-3.3.tar.gz
                                   DBD/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2217.tar.gz

                                 Then enter the following commands:

                                   gzip -cd DBI-1.13.tar.gz | tar xf -
                                   cd DBI-1.13
                                   perl Makefile.PL
                                   make
                                   make test
                                   make install

                                   cd ..
                                   gzip -cd Data-ShowTable-3.3.tar.gz |
tar xf -
                                   cd Data-ShowTable-3.3
                                   perl Makefile.PL
                                   make
                                   make install  # Don't try make test,
the test suite is broken

                                   cd ..
                                   gzip -cd
Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2217.tar.gz | tar xf -
                                   cd Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2217
                                   perl Makefile.PL
                                   make
                                   make test
                                   make install

                                 During "perl Makefile.PL" you will be
prompted some questions. In
                                 particular you have to choose the
installed drivers (MySQL, mSQL2 and/or
                                 mSQL1). The MySQL driver will be called
DBD::mysql, a single mSQL driver
                                 will be called DBD::mSQL. If you want
to support both mSQL1 and mSQL2,
                                 they former will be DBD::mSQL1.

I can't find 2217 anywhere so I used 2215. Everything seemed fine, but
when I run a simple Perl test script as follows:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

use DBI;

I get:

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i586-linux ....... at ./test line 3

Can someone take a moment to get me on the right track here?

Thanks
Don Hargroves