On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Grimes, Dean wrote:
> I have upgraded from MySQL-3.23.28-gamma to MySQL-3.23.32 and I am having
> problems with some of the maintenance utilities core dumping with a memory
> fault. However, MySQL itself runs fine. The problem utilities are:
>
> mysqldump - core dumps immediately
> mysqlshow - core dumps immediately
> mysqladmin - will not shutdown the database (actually, the database keeps
> restarting and will not shutdown)

I am not able to reproduce the problem on my machine they all work.  I
have tried it on 4 other machines with the same result.  Are you using
libz?  What version of libz?

> My configuration is as follows:
>
> SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 and 5.0.5 - All of the latest patches applied.
> FSU Pthreads - version 3.8
> GNU compiler - version 2.95.2
> GNU make - version 3.79
>
> Other than the above stated problems, MySQL is running fine.

I am using make 3.79.1.  I do not know if that makes a difference.  I am
using libz-1.1.3 or zlib-1.1.3.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044