On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 11:48:22PM +0300, Rus wrote:
> May be it could work
> SELECT  * FROM item ORDER BY ID LIMIT count(*)-10,10

mysql> SELECT  id FROM lid ORDER BY ID LIMIT count(*)-10,10;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'count(*)-10,10' at line 1

> or
> SELECT  * FROM SELECT  * FROM item ORDER BY ID DESC LIMIT 10 ORDER BY ID

mysql> select * from select * from lid order by id DESC limit 10 order by id;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select * from lid order by id
DESC limit 10 order by id' at line 1

I think you have to make use of at least two queries. One to get MAX(id) and
one for the actual query:

mysql> select MAX(id) from lid;
+---------+
| MAX(id) |
+---------+
|     489 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
mysql> select id from lid order by id limit 479,10;

But that only works when all id's up to the last one exist.
If you delete records from the table calculating 479 by substracting 10
from MAX(id) doesn't work.

So, the only solution left, I can think of, is to make use of an temporary
table (in memory) to store the results of your query which are in the wrong
order. And then query the temporary table to get right order.

-Remco