Well for java you will have to get a jdbc-driver first. I think, your best
choice was  think, to get it from here:
<http://www.worldserver.com/mm.mysql/>.

A tutorial on this topic can be found here:
<http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/java/Servlet-Tutorial/>

I suppose, you have Apache with Tomcat as a servlet-container? Try it at
<http://java.apache.org>

Good luck, and have fun (and this _is_ fun-stuff!)

Wolfgang Arendt

Vodafone TeleCommerce GmbH
SW Test & Config. Management
Wolfgang Arendt