I don't think that solves his problem, since he wants to know AND, not
OR...

the closest thing I could get to was using select into... although it
seems like it might be possible with a left join, i just can't figure
out how.

one of the things that I thought of with select into was to select count
and the story name from the story,category, and storycategories join on
their respective ids, then used IN ('Classics','Childrens') and grouped
by story, yielding something like:

Peter Pan               |       2
Alice in Wonderland     |       2
Pokemon         |       1
War and Peace           |       1
Tale of Two Cities      |       1

then selecting from that subset for count = 2;

if anyone can think of a way to do it with left joins, or a way to do it
without select into, i'd be very curious to see the solution :0

cheers,
Javier